WATER TREATMENT BIM INTEGRATION.
It is scientifically known that the efficiency of pumps decreases with time and one of the main reasons for this is the lack of periodic maintenance. With poor periodic maintenance, pump efficiency will decrease with time and more electricity will be consumed in order to pump the required amount of water. This paper presents a framework that links equipment maintenance information with point cloud images of water treatment plants obtained from 3D laser scanning, thus establishing a valued maintenance information model. The proposed maintenance information model uses CAD and 3D laser scanning as tools to establish a BIM-based facility management system.
In this maintenance information model, data for the maintenance operations required for the treatment pumps of the water treatment plant, whether monthly, quarterly or annually, have been linked to HDPC. The model facilitates the process of efficient maintenance information visualization and provides a way to present maintenance service conditions in a visual, simple, and inexpensive way. This proposed framework will lower costs and reduce electricity consumption, as periodic maintenance, whether monthly or quarterly or annually, is a necessity for retaining pump efficiency.
• Rapid, accurate and complete recording of the current status of buildings, bridges, tunnels or any building sites.
• Immediate processing of the data in all commonly used CAD programs.
• Simple variance comparison in the construction process and in the case of final building inspections.
• Greater transparency, greater legal certainty in claim management.
• Revolutionary quality/performance ratio.
• Digital current data is available for the entire building lifecycle.
• Web-sharing tool facilitates working with partners.